Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Dial-A-Diva


On the 3rd of december I took part in the Dial-A-Diva project, the fantastic project initiated by Zoë Irvine. Read more on it on the website or here. In short there were global singing performances over the telephone network during 24 hours. A callcenter function in Scotland connected performers with the audience. The Dial-A-Diva builds upon a long but nowadays often forgotten history in in using telephone network for opera and theater performances. Theatrophone was the name of the invention. Read more on this (in swedish) here.
Since I am not a stage singer I choose to take part of this in more small scale with some voice to harmonium improvisations, or if you reverse it some voice improvisation over some harmonium playing. Maybe I post some of the sounds on my podcast later.